Thursday, May 26, 2011

The To-Did list.

Sometimes I hit the end of the day, and I think I didn't get anything done. So I make a "To-Did" list, as the closest approximation of the past tense of "To Do".

This is one of those days... so here's my To-Did:

1) 6:00 am: Got up. That's an achievement all on its own, because it was very windy here last night, and I have a hard time sleeping when it's windy.
2) Fed ponies and dogs.
3) Made breakfast (homegrown poached eggs, homemade biscuit with homemade strawberry-raspberry jam, fresh steamed asparagus). Ate delicious breakfast.
4) Mucked stalls, turned out ponies, fed chickens and baby chicks.
5) Put away all the tools we are done with for the run-in sheds, cleaned up painting stuff, washed dishes, general straightening.
6) 9:00 am: Made second cup of tea, started laundering the winter Carhartts, got to work on page proofs for Chapter 2.
7) 11:00 am: Finished laundry, went to FedEx to ship Chapter 1 and 2 page proofs.
8) Stopped at Utah Tea Room to discuss erroneous charge on University charge card. Back to accounting I go on Tuesday.
9) Stopped at C.A.L. Ranch to pick up: squeaky toy for Captain, new muck rake, new drill bit, rope clamps.
10) 12:00 pm: returned home, had lunch
11) Groomed and rode Trinket and Music Man, chatted with a visiting vet and Jo
12) 3:15 pm: Supervised Braxton (aka Bracken and Stockton) as they drilled, hammered, and bolted field shelter walls. My wrist is not exactly up to holding the cordless drill yet after yesterday.
13) 4:30 pm: got to work on Chapter 13 copyedits.
14) 6:30 pm: fed ponies and dogs, returned to Chapter 13.
15) 7:25 pm: finished Chapter 13 copyedits, except for writing more thought-provoking multiple choice questions, if I can think of any before I have to ship it tomorrow...
16) 7:30 pm: wrote To-Did list.
17) 7:40 pm: John called!
18) 8:30 pm: finishing To-Did list.

Do I know why I sometimes feel like I didn't get anything done? Because I'm insane, that's why. ; )

That's a typical day, more or less... I'll bring ponies in and shut up chickens at 9:30. Between now and then: shower time!

No comments:

Post a Comment